Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Controllers?
chakorules
  Posted: Friday, Feb 11, 2005 08:38 am
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

What kind of a controller does everyone use?

I use a PLC. I've seen some of you use X10, and other's use MicroPICs that run PBasic or C Code made by Microchips.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
davidvinch
Posted: Saturday, Feb 12, 2005 08:24 am
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

What has bothered me continually since I started all this is the integration of the whole show. I also use a plc combined with low cost digital answering machines wired to the plc for sound. I have tried sound module kits and found the quality terrible.And digital kiosk repeaters are way too expensive.
What bugs me is a pc is a great sound producer/recorder, but how to integrate?

I have found a business answering machine program that seems to work well and it can be triggered by wiring into the numeric keypad but still to lug a pc out to the garage just to use it for sound is absurd.
I want a software plc running in my pc that will control all the fx and the sound!

This must be how the big boys do it but I need low cost.
I have also found a free software plc with build info but due to certain difficulties have not implemented namely I do not know how to make a pcb nor do I want to pay the very high shipping to get one pcb from Belgium.

The business answering software is BMS (business music services) if you are interested get with me for the final version as the version on the website is buggy and it took me 6 months of emails to get it straightened out. but look at their website.
The software plc is DCIPLC you also should check out the site I also have info I got from the builder

If you or anyone else would like to combine on this or has better answers for a lowbudget solution give me a shout.
Dave
PMEmail Poster
allfor1
Posted: Thursday, Jan 12, 2006 12:49 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

I use Allen Bradley PLC's at work - 1000, 1500, 500 series.
I use an Omron S6 for my home automation PLC for halloween and Christmas displays. I also have an Omron K40 I may use once I out grow the S6. I'm holding out for an A/B PLC so I can get away from the Omron's. There old and I have to program them from a keypad.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0130 ]   [ 8 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]